There are several ways to install ejabberd:
- Source code: compile yourself, see COMPILE
- Installers from ejabberd GitHub Releases (run/deb/rpm for x64 and arm64)
- Container image from ejabberd Docker Hub, see ecs README (for x64)
- Container image from ejabberd Github Packages, see CONTAINER (for x64 and arm64)
- Using your Operating System package
- Using the Homebrew package manager
Please check the ejabberd Docs website.
When compiling from source code, you can get some help with:
./configure --help make help
Once ejabberd is installed, try:
ejabberdctl help man ejabberd.yml
Documentation for developers is available in ejabberd docs: Developers.
Security reports or concerns should preferably be reported privately, please send an email to the address: contact [at] process-one [dot] net or some other method from ProcessOne Contact.
There are several places to get in touch with other ejabberd developers and administrators:
- ejabberd XMPP chatroom: email@example.com
- Mailing list
- GitHub Discussions
- Stack Overflow